Not a whole lot of work this weekend. Subway Weekender has the map.
From 4 a.m. Saturday, June 2 to 10 p.m. Sunday June 3, there is no 4 train service between Woodlawn and 161st Street-Yankee Stadium due to track panel installation and track maintenance north of Bedford Park Blvd:
- For service to or from 161st Street-Yankee Stadium, 167th Street, 170th Street, Mt. Eden Avenue, 176th Street, Burnside Avenue, 183rd Street, Fordham Road and Kingsbridge Road, customers should walk or take a crosstown bus to D service at nearby stations.
- Free shuttle bus service is available to and from Bedford Park Blvd. 4 station, Mosholu Parkway and Woodlawn with a connection to the Bedford Park Blvd. D station.
From 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, June 2 and Sunday, June 3, downtown C trains run express from 145th Street to Canal Street due to track maintenance south of 59th Street-Columbus Circle on the D line.
- For local service between 145th Street and West 4th Street, customers should take the D instead, making all stops during this time.
- Customers may transfer between trains at 145th Street, 125th Street, 59th Street-Columbus Circle, 42nd Street-Port Authority, 14th Street or West 4th Street.
- For Spring Street, customers may transfer to the E at West 4th or Canal Streets.
From 12:01 a.m. Saturday, June 2 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 4, there is no downtown D service at 7th Avenue, 47th-50th Sts., 42nd Street-Bryant Park and 34th Street-Herald Square due track maintenance south of 59th Street-Columbus Circle. The D will operate on the C line (as a local) from 145th Street to West 4th Street. D service operates in two sections:
- Between Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue and West 4th Street
- Between 2nd Avenue F station and 205th Street
From 10 p.m. Friday, June 1 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 4, Jamaica-bound F trains are rerouted via the M line from 47th-50th Sts. to Queens Plaza due to station work at Lexington Avenue-63rd Street for SAS.
From 5 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, June 3, F service operates in two sections due to replacement of a switch frog south of Avenue X
- Between Jamaica-179th Street and Avenue X
- Between Avenue X and Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue
Note: Manhattan-bound F trains skip Avenue U.
From 6 a.m. Saturday, June 2 to 10 p.m. Sunday, June 3, there are no J trains between Jamaica Center and Crescent Street due to structural steel repair and painting north of Cypress Hills.
- Free shuttle buses operate between Crescent Street and Jamaica-Van Wyck, where E trains are available.
- J trains operate between Crescent Street and Chambers Street.
From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, June 2 and Sunday, June 3, Ditmars Blvd-bound N trains skip 39th Avenue, 36th Avenue, Broadway and 30th Avenue due to rail and switch repairs at Ditmars Blvd.
From 11:30 p.m. Friday, June 1 to 5 a.m. Monday, June 4, Manhattan-bound Q trains skip Neck Road and Avenue U due to track panel installation south of Kings Highway.
Why the D is running 2 sections? Last week when the D was running on the A.line it didnt run in 2 sections.
There is a missing cross-over set at Broadway/Lafayette southbound. A D train coming from the 8th Ave tracks ends up on the local track and can’t get back to the southbound express track. The only way to get to its regular route from there is to take the Culver tracks all the way to Coney Island.
Whats a switch frog?
Here is a picture of a switch frog. It’s the part that looks like an X.
[…] are that even then it was more severe than it seems in the stories of the old men and women who tell the tales. It is perhaps a romantic desire that the world wouldn’t create, that alternatively […]