Jan

Event: Transit Trivia Night at the Transit Museum

By

At what station do the hijackers in the 1974 version of The Taking of Pelham One Two Three board the ill-fated Lexington Ave. local? How much money did Charlie need to pay in order to exit from Boston’s M.T.A.? If these questions come easy to you — or even if they do not — do I have an event for you.

On Thursday, January 17 from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m., the Transit Museum is hosting its first-ever transit trivia night. Stuart Post and Chris Kelley will lead the event, and it’s being billed as a trivia contest focusing on transit in pop culture, history, music and more. In other words, distinct knowledge of rolling stock model numbers not required.

The event costs $15 — or $10 for museum or Transportation Alternatives members — and tickets, which come with one free Brooklyn Brewery beer, are available here. The trivia teams can consist of 2-6 people so if there’s enough interest, I’ll put together a Second Ave. Sagas team. Drop a note in the comments or use the site’s contact form.

6 Responses to “Event: Transit Trivia Night at the Transit Museum”

1. Someone says:

Cool. I might not make it but I’ll try to be there.

2. Janice says:

Ugh! Now I have that song stuck in my head!

3. Eric Brasure says:

I would be terrible at this but it sounds like fun.

4. John-2 says:

Ah, do you mean which station were they supposed to have been getting on at, or which station in actuality were they getting on at but was made up to look like another station? (even trivia games can have their technicalities…)

• Someone says:

You mean,
      1) the station at which the hijackers supposedly got on during the storyline
      or 2) the station at which they filmed the boarding?

5. meera says: